[MLB-WIRELESS] World of Warcraft anyone?

Victor dawormie at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 19:26:08 EST 2009

Hi Jason,

*1st thing*: You'll need to make sure you hit "Reply to All" or change the
"To:" field to the MW mailing address.* :)

2nd thing*: My internet is graciously (and temporarily) donated by a kindly
gentleman running a few nodes down in the Geelong Region, he has his own
seperate access portal that you can pay for internet time to access the net,
however I think it's only for connections to that point.

But for the greater part of it all, everyone usually runs their own internet
account. I will be getting my net connected soon but I've just moved in and
concentrating on the more critical aspect of things IE: Fixing fence up and
the general internals of the house etc.  I think the long run aim is to
provide a massively connected community network anyone can use for free if
there are limited internet services available on it that is another matter
entirely though.

Although I wouldn't mind trying to build an internal agregation type system
to download from the free resources accessible from the various home-users
dsl services. IE: Node Servers / EFtel Servers / Bigpond Servers etc. Means
someone who got suckered into the 250MB plans from an ISP with limited
downloads hooks into the MW Network and wants that large 2GB Distro of Linux
or some Game Patch files, just put in what they want and it's downloaded on
a remote service where they can then transfer it to themselves locally
afterwards... Don't know how FEASIBLE it is, but it'd be nice. :)
I plan to setup a bit of a mirror of node files (*or let people download
from node fileserver*) and plan to setup at least a 2TB server here at home.
I'm getting a free server a mate no longer runs and just need to drop some
larger HDDs into it (has 120GB atm).

On the MW website some people have listed as running Game Servers, don't
know how "active" they are though, but I am hoping to get some internal
gaming happening with other MW members.

I believe they just recently held a meeting, unless I have my dates mixed up
and it's still to come.

Have a quick look at this: Why I Founded Melbourne
Wireless<http://www.crc.id.au/why-i-founded-melbourne-wireless/>from
the founder of MW.