[MLB-WIRELESS] Bullet2 output power, why 1W or 100mW

Mark Aitken nodegxt at yahoo.com.au
Wed Mar 4 17:15:27 EST 2009

Kim Hawtin wrote:
> After reading the LCD on this, there seem to be issues with the amount of
> bandwidth you can use. ie; restricted to 16KHz for a channel. I suppose
> there may be more doco that I haven't found yet that allows other options,
> but you get that ...

There are LCD's for Spread Spectrum emission types as well.

Basically, so long as a amateur radio operator adheres to his identification
requirements and communicates only with other amateur radio operators
and other regulatory requirements they are allowed to operate up to 120watts
into any antenna they wish.  Although I wouldnt want to be close to it.

There are many bandwidth types from  100 Hz to many megahertz ie
Morse code is narrow band, while Fast Scan Television is wideband.

Dont just look at the voice only emission types.

Regards

Mark