[MLB-WIRELESS] Upload problems

peter berrett berrettp at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jan 6 23:19:12 EST 2009

Hi all

I have been having great diffficulties uploading to GUR's ftp server. At
first I thought it might just be Peter's server being full up but then I
tried uploading to some internet sites and found that I was having similar
difficulties.

By contrast I can download from GUR at present at greater than 200KB/s - go
figure.

Earlier this evening the upload speed would barely make 3 kB/s and would
often cut out. At the moment it is about 9 KB/s.

I noticed that the ftp uploads would start at quite a high rate but then
they throttled back to much slower speeds. Interestingly the other day I was
able to upload to GUR at quite fast speeds.

What is going on here? Is my link to GHO throttled in some way? How can I
get faster uploads?

Thanks Peter (JXG)