[MLB-WIRELESS] (From the US) FCC approves use of White Space for Unlicensed Wireless use...

Victor dawormie at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 23:26:19 EST 2009

Ok, following some more links and a bit more reading.

Looks like the FCC is wanting to make this global:
http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2009/01/fcc-were-taking-white-spaces-global-baby.ars

And looks like google is happily supporting it:
http://googlepublicpolicy.blogspot.com/2009/01/broadband-in-white-spaces-going-global.html

No surprise as I do remember reading about how Google want to setup free
wireless internet wherever possible (I think they already offer it all
through out the region their main office/s are located).

Additionally, after reading Steve's Blog and "Why he founded melbourne
wireless <http://www.crc.id.au/why-i-founded-melbourne-wireless/>" is this
something that Melbourne Wireless could possibly strive to kick into gear
and garner support from the government? Especially if they see it as a
"breaking the monopoly of the giant/s" with the Australian Communications.