[MLB-WIRELESS] Buzz Broadband Liquidation (QLD) - Wireless equipment

George Patterson george.patterson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 02:43:38 EST 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 9:35 PM, Simon Knight <simon.knight at xxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:47 PM, vak <vak at xxxxxx> wrote:
>> There's a major broadband supplier thats gone into liquidation (Buzz
>> Broadband).
>> They are auctioning off  the gear on Thursday.
>>
>> Catalogue:
>> http://www.dmsdavlan.com.au/new-auct-ind.asp
>>
>> The auction is in QLD.
>>
> I think some of that stuff's Wimax gear as well as the Wifi:
> http://www.airspan.com/products_wimax_custprem_ProST.aspx
>
> Weren't these the guys accusing Wimax of being unready for commercial
> deployments?

[Reformatted as top posting makes replies to a previous email hard.]

In a word YES, and at a international WiMAX conference in 2008
http://blogs.smh.com.au/gadgetsonthego/archives/2008/03/is_wimax_no_good_in_the_bush.html

Alternative :-
http://web20.telecomtv.com/pages/?newsid=42866&id=e9381817-0593-417a-8639-c4c53e2a2a10

I'll let you make your own conclusions.