[MLB-WIRELESS] Any suggestions on a Good GPS/wireless, Strength mapper?

Bryan Pliatsios bryan at pliatsios.com
Thu Sep 11 12:15:49 EST 2008

>> Now that I have my node up and running (pity I cant find anybody to
>> connect to *shrugs*, but them's the breaks), I was hoping that I could
>> generate a "coverage" map of my antenna's around the neighborhood.
[SNIP]
>> Any suggestions  would be Great.  I might even compose a howto if I get
>> it working properly.
>>

> Kismet and gpsd with a bluetooth gps receiver would be perfect for this
> I believe.

A useful piece of software is Radio Mobile.
I don't think it has been mentioned before, or maybe a verrry long time.
It's not a real-world surveying tool, but a modelling package.

Check it out, I spend hours playing with it trying to predict long
distance hops and V/UHF converage:
http://www.cplus.org/rmw/english1.html

Regards,
  Bryan