[MLB-WIRELESS] Any suggestions on a Good GPS/wireless Strength mapper?

Randall Lasini lasinir at aardvark.net.au
Wed Sep 10 22:51:16 EST 2008

Hi all,

Now that I have my node up and running (pity I cant find anybody to
connect to *shrugs*, but them's the breaks), I was hoping that I could
generate a "coverage" map of my antenna's around the neighborhood.

Does anybody have any suggestions of a good program (or combination of
programs) that I can use on my ASUSeee along with my bluetooth
dongle&GPS so I can just scooter/walk around the blocks near my place,
log the AP's signal quality then draw that as a different color regions
on a map (like elevation lines) so I can then post on my node page &
upload to the limited web content on the WRAP board.

OS doesnt matter Linux or XP, either is good, as I got XP on it, and
have a linux boot thumb drive as well.

Any suggestions  would be Great.  I might even compose a howto if I get
it working properly.

Randall