[MLB-WIRELESS] Routing protocols

David Coles coles.david at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 00:22:54 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 20:09 +1100, mw at freenet.net.au wrote:

> > I can't speak for MelbWireless, as I'm not really a member,
> > but as a Air-Stream member, we use BGP to manage the routes
> > in our WAN.

Ay that's very neat indeed. Half the fun of being part of something like
Melbourne Wireless is getting to play with things like Routing Protocols
that you would usually struggle to test out. I'll be keeping a keen eye
on this discussion - I'm quite interested in seeing how this stuff
works.

> Sure!  What is LCA08?
>
> Cheers.

I can handle this one!

LCA08 was the Linux.conf.au conference held in Melbourne at the
University of Melbourne in January this year. It's seriously a lot of
fun to go to and you get to meet up with a whole bunch of people
interested in Linux and other FOSS and see with a whole bunch of really
interesting talks and presentations (Such as the Community Wireless
MiniConf). LCA09 is the 2009 conference being held down in Tassie. I
would have loved to go next year since I had so much fun volunteering at
this year's one, but unfortunately I'm on exchange to Scotland at the
moment. :P

David