[MLB-WIRELESS] KBN-JEE online

mw at freenet.net.au mw at freenet.net.au
Sun Oct 12 13:14:16 EST 2008

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to crow about getting a new link online.  This link is made
using the Mikrotik RB/CRD "crossroads" device in a "Commtenna"
panel/enclosure that I had with me at the last meeting.

This link is now showing receive level of -72 with noise floor of -110: not
bad for 12.68Km! :)

Now I want to try to get a link northward happening.  I've got clear view of
the entire south shore of corio bay from geelong to portarlington, and I can
all the way to melbourne.  Melbourne city is obscured a bit by the horizon,
but Mt dandenong is clearly visible behind, and werribee area is doable.

All I need is another end - I may even be able to throw in some of resources
needed for that end if anyone is interested.

Cheers,  Mike.