[MLB-WIRELESS] Long distance links + new node in St Kilda East

Ben Balbo ben at benbalbo.com
Sun Nov 23 15:49:08 EST 2008

Hi all,

Took my sweet time, didn't I! Lots of photos up here:
https://www.getdropbox.com/gallery/164403/1/Portarligton-LOS?h=1b75f1

* Willis North, South and South West *

360s taken from three points on my roof. First photo due north.

* Willis South Zoom 90 *

Zoomed quarter pano from North to East. The bit of sea you can see in
the second last shot is most likely in the Chelsea to Seaford area.

* Langdon North & Langdon South *

Friend's house on Landgon Street. LoS to Melbourne CBD. If I can find a
friendly roof I can bounce from my place to his. In looking at potential
sites, my friend and I got pulled up by the cops after someone reported
a couple of dodgy looking guys checking out houses ;-)

* Sproat *

No LoS to Langdon, but they have potential LoS to every active node in
Geelong and can see Melbourne CBD too. While these guys aren't going to
help my situation immediately, they're keep to join.

In other news - we've had our rental application approved for the place
in St Kilda (the place Rob saw) and have written permission to put up an
antenna. From memory I had LoS to the city, so I've added a node in
"gathering" status, as I'll be getting on to this one asap:
http://www.melbournewireless.org.au/nodes/view?KCI

Cheers!