[MLB-WIRELESS] MW VoIP

mw at freenet.net.au mw at freenet.net.au
Tue Nov 18 08:34:31 EST 2008

Hi folks.

Following on from that demo (by Tim?) on Friday with the sip phone running.

So what's the deal with this service?  Is it available at the moment?  If
so, I'm keen to set up an AIX connection from my asterisk server in Geelong
- if only to see how well it works over the MW network at the moment.

Also, does the standard MW router load support QoS of any description?  If
VoIp is going to work at all, then it will need to have some rather heavy
QoS priority along the way.  I suppose I don't need to mention that Mikrotik
RouterOS has some highly configurable and advanced QoS systems built in -
but that's no use to anyone unless everyone else does it.

Cheers!  Mike.

DuxTel Pty Ltd
High Performance Wireless
http://shop.duxtel.com.au