[MLB-WIRELESS] roaming between 2 AP's?

Michael Vale masked at internode.on.net
Thu Nov 6 13:21:06 EST 2008

In my opinion the routing protocols are good, but node to node (omni to
omni), results in a slow mesh.  Using multiple radios at each node
linking the nodes together with ptp links makes a substantial difference.

I have tried with WRT54G's, OpenWRT + OLSR and omni's.
PCEngines Alix boards + Senao 800mW radios and omni's running OpenWRT
and OLSR
and RouterOS + MME (Mesh Made Easy).
Only since adding a backbone in have the speeds been remotely desirable.