[MLB-WIRELESS] Long distance links

Mike Everest mw at freenet.net.au
Sat Nov 1 12:23:44 EST 2008

Hi Ben!

> I've created KBY
> (http://www.melbournewireless.org.au/maps/view?id=KBY)

OK, is it withing 50m of the actual spot?  And does the lay of the land look
about right in google-earth?

> > Corner of Batman/Willis looks pretty good - you have just enough
> > altitude that you might be able to get over the nearest trees (see
> > attached)
>
> No attachment?

Duh!  This time! ;-)

> > If you can find an SSID of 'freenet.net.au', then you have
> a lock on
> > us :)
>
> I won't be down in Port again for a while, but when I do I'll
> start looking...

OK, let me know how you get along.  Perhaps if you put an AP up, I'll run a
client link back to you - that will make it easier for someone else acros
the bay toward Melbourne to make a backhaul back to the main MW network.

Cheers!

Mike.