[MLB-WIRELESS] Network speeds

Ratbaggy wireless at smithsgully.net
Mon Jul 21 22:57:39 EST 2008

Node HLT to HKG:

10 KM
Sparklan WX-6800 each end (= linksys WAP54G) Broadcom chipset
24 dB Hills grid each end
Freifunk flavoured OpenWRT firmware, default OLSR routing disabled,
using static routing
Routed NOT bridged
Distance control enabled (VERY important)
Running in Ad-Hoc mode

Throughput doing HTTP file transfer:
1200 KBytes / sec

This isn't how most people in MW run their links but it certainly works
for us.  It's pretty close to how freifunk recommend running their
network  We tried it, it worked, so we stuck with it.