[MLB-WIRELESS] July Meeting this Friday (11th) at 7:30pm

Sjors Provoost sjors at sprovoost.nl
Sat Jul 5 20:20:32 EST 2008

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Andrew Wagstaff <auswireless at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Just a quick reminder that the July Melbourne Wireless meeting and Swap Meet
> is this Friday at 7:30pm at the Hawthorn Scout Hall.

Sounds great! That will be my first meeting.

I would also really be interested in discussing how we could take this
initiative to the masses; i.e. people running Windows with little
technical knowledge, willing to spend only a small amount of time and
money. They don't want to hear complicated stories, but would probably
love to spend 50 dollars if that means 10 Mbit (legal) local torrents.
Is that even possible or is the hardware required for a dense mesh
network still to expensive?

I am talking about <50m between nodes here, which would require a lot
of people but it sounds cheaper and easier to set up.

Sjors