[MLB-WIRELESS] 1200 MHz data. If your a ham!

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Fri Jan 18 07:38:03 EST 2008

At 06:59 AM 1/18/2008, Tony Langdon, VK3JED wrote:
>At 03:16 AM 1/18/2008, Steven Haigh wrote:
>
> >Sadly, this digital format has also been restricted to full call
>
>Incorrect, Standard can use it as well.

Actually, I was wrong initially.  Standard can use the narrowband DV
mode (digital voice plus 950bps data), but you need Advanced to run
the high speed mode, because of the bandwidth requirement.  Only
Advanced licensees can run modes with > 16 kHz bandwidth on any band.

> >operators - which means you can't use it after sitting the foundation
> >license - something most people here should easily pass. If you want
>
>True, Foundation can't use any digital mode.
>
> >to use this mode, then you will need to study a good whack of radio /
> >electronics theory and regulations.
>
>Actually, 1200 MHz (regardless of mode) always required at least a
>Standard licence.  The high speed networking is only available on this band.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com