[MLB-WIRELESS] Hong Kong Ebay antennas

Gary Winder gkwinder at tpg.com.au
Tue Jan 8 15:29:24 EST 2008

Howdy,

 I got a couple of 7 db antennas from ebay, and the performance was less
than expected. So, I pulled them apart and compared them to one that came
with my Linksys PCI card.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/gkwinder/HDDDec2007012.jpg

Needless to say, the Linksys antenna got 2 - 3 db more signal in netstumbler
when I swapped them over.

I noticed also that the wire coiled part of the cheap antennas does not
actually connect to the cct board trace at all.

Is there anyway of improving these antenna short of making a winding like
the Linksys one?

Regards,
g at z.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.