[MLB-WIRELESS] Mitsu R100 (Asus 500g) causing interference

Paul van den Bergen paul.vandenbergen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 22:03:57 EST 2008

actually, just taking out (or turning off via software - is this
possible? the radio should be telling too.

but yeah, I suspect either the power transformer or a RF short
somewhere in the electronics...

OTOH, the RF interference immediately off band may be far more
stringently controlled than waaaay off band AM frequencies... if those
bands have different regulatory regimes - or even if they do and are
not checked...

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 8:51 PM, emdeex <emdeex at gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought that as well, the interference would be waaay out of band... but...
>
> Do you mean the AC/DC plugpack?  I've tried it with the plug pack
> still powered up, the R100 unplugged, and there is no interference.
> So it's the R100 unit causing the interference.  Something inside the
> unit.
>
> I think I have another mini-pci radio at the office, I'll try pulling
> apart the R100 and plugging it in and see if makes any difference.
>
> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Paul van den Bergen
> <paul.vandenbergen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> it might not be the radio - it might be the transformer.
>>
>> FM frequencies are well out of band for microwave interference is what
>> I'm suggesting.  try it with the radio off or removed perhaps
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 8:22 PM, emdeex <emdeex at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I've had my trusty R100 for 3 years or so.  Running an Oleg firmware.
>>> Recently, I'd noticed my AM radio was getting a lot of static.  I
>>> didn't immediately suspect the R100, but after several weeks of head
>>> scratching, moving the radio around, changing radios etc, I narrowed
>>> it down to the R100.  When it was off, no interference, when its on,
>>> static on the radio.
>>>
>>> I also suspect its been interfering with my 1.8Ghz cordless phone,
>>> which has been static-y as well.
>>>
>>> I've swapped it out for a spare D-link DI-524 and the interference has
>>> gone away.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any ideas or experience, just for the sake of
>>> knowledge, why a device like this would be good, and then go bad and
>>> start interfering with other radio devices?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any replies,
>>> regards,
>>> Murray
>>>

>> --