[MLB-WIRELESS] BeWiFi OSPF

masked at internode.on.net masked at internode.on.net
Thu Apr 3 14:32:29 EST 2008

Hi Everybody,

First post here.

I'm from Bendigo, VIC. and am building and deploying a WiFi
network around the city.  I have council approval to use
some of their rooftops and seeking permission to put up some
towers on council land.

Until recently the deployed setup was a series of WRT54G's
running OpenWRT Kamikaze in Ad-Hoc with OLSR.  Now after
much testing I found this was far from ideal and have now
opted for some ALIX boards with Senao cards in
Infrastructure mode and currently using WDS bridges until I
put up some 5GHz backbone antennas.

I managed to get OLSR to work with routed WDS but I have
chosen to scrap that in favour of Quagga for many reasons
discussed with others in experience on IRC.  Here my problem
lies.  BGP, RIP and OSPF work nothing like OLSR and I simply
cannot get my head around them.  I'm wondering if someone
can point me in the direction of some good documentation or
if even someone with experience would be willing to travel
to Bendigo for a weekend and give me a hand (I'm a quick
learner).  I would provide a place to stay, meals etc.  This
help would be greatly appreciated.

I also have new Senao EMP-8602+S's available for sale for
$130 if anyone is interested just let me know.

Regards,

Michael Vale
President
BeWiFi Inc.