[MLB-WIRELESS] Nasa Tv over MW

Kim Hawtin kim.hawtin at adelaide.edu.au
Thu Sep 20 09:35:58 EST 2007

hi guys,

Robert Hart wrote:
> Opps yes of cause :-P your right, I should have read your post, as I was
> thinking of conventional ATV broadcasts.
> P2P streaming might do what you want, but I'm sure there are some more
> technical guys who could answer this question.

perhaps a nicer approach for the network is to setup a number of 'icecast' style
server that can stream video from a number of sources;
  http://www.icecast.org/

you can stream from server to server and the clients connect to the nearest
server available to them.

you can use something like 'frequency clock' to program up your streams;
  http://www.radioqualia.net/freqclock/central.html

this way there are the least number of streams running over the wider network.
the clients only hammer the local links to them and not effect the whole net.
we've used this some years ago over the ConsumeX mesh. wasn't to bad, main
issue was the damn adhoc nodes flipping over to the same channel =/ and
reducing the available bandwidth.

cheers,

kim
--
Operating Systems, Services and Operations
kim.hawtin at adelaide.edu.au

"I am not a finite state machine"