[MLB-WIRELESS] Reduction in operational nodes

Peter Berrett berrettp at optusnet.com.au
Wed Sep 19 20:38:48 EST 2007

Hi all

I have just been trawling through www.archive.org (the wayback machine)
looking at the old Melbourne Wireless pages. I could see a steady
increase in the number of operational nodes each year until at the end
of 2006 there were just short of 200 nodes.

But the latest page shows that we have 143 operational nodes?? Does
anyone know what has caused the number of nodes to drop off so sharply
this year? Have those 50 or so nodes gone and created a renegade network
or something or is this due to having double checked the number of
operational nodes and found that many have dropped off over time but
have not been accounted for as so? Or has somebody called Yoko stepped
into the picture?

Hoping that somebody can give me a history lesson.

cheers Peter