[MLB-WIRELESS] Query re GHO

Peter Berrett berrettp at optusnet.com.au
Tue Sep 18 21:07:24 EST 2007

Hi all

I have been doing some simple, site surveys using low gain equipment
around my own place. I have registered node JXG. I checked with node IKM
but he is not hooked into the network. Due to being on the side of a
hill and a few kilometres from other nodes it looks like a high gain
antenna might be necessary.

However in my front garden I can pick up GHO with just a USB Wireless
adaptor. I have line of sight to Mr Dandenong. I understand however that
GHO is a backbone node.

Are individual users allowed ever to access GHO?

cheers Peter