[MLB-WIRELESS] telstra hotspots

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Wed Sep 5 03:16:56 EST 2007

Yes even though I'm here in the USA I still keep in touch with what's
happening in Australia.

I was listening to www.bran.com.au <http://www.bran.com.au/>  this
morning (great podcast), where they were talking about Telstra dropping
their $20 all you can eat wifi access point plan next month.

Basically Telstra are trying to 'push' data users to their Next-G phone
data network, so from now on if you are looking to log onto wifi from
your local McDonalds or similar the new charges are 20c connection fee
and 20c per minute thereafter!!!!

Holy crap at that price I'd be wanting unlimited fiber to the backbone.

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Pty Ltd
dean at cognation.net