[MLB-WIRELESS] asus wl-500gp over asus wl-600

Rohan Malhotra rohanmalhotra86 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 19:24:49 EST 2007

hey there peeps,

im trying to decide which hackable router is best for my situation.

i basically need a router thats rock solid. a router with a good radio, a
router that can handle hundreds of connections from multiple users, intense
multi-user traffic, voip prioritisation and QoS for multiple users.

since u cant buy the wl-500gp anymore (it seems to have been superseded by
the wl-600) i was wondering whether anybody's had any experience with the
600 (according the openwrt site, it says it isn't fully supported as yet)?

now i know quite a number of you guys have wl-500gp's , what have been your
experiences with these so far in terms of my requirements. are any of you
guys using these for internet sharing and hc p2p downloading (torrents,
emule, ares). do any of you use them for voip?

im presuming these models have both bigpond cable clients and pppoe/pppoa
login clients?

in terms of QoS, have you tried gaming/making phone calls and p2p at the
same time!!? what about the wireless sensitivity/range is it gooooood?

i must stress that it must be stable especially under duress!!!!!

thx guys