[MLB-WIRELESS] Possible use for the network

Paul van den Bergen paul.vandenbergen at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 22:19:32 EST 2007

On 10/2/07, Peter Berrett <berrettp at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Probably the future for MW is as follows
>
> 1. APRS with connected voice to voice VOIP/video communications (car to
> car, base station to car)
>
> 2. Mechanism for transmitting large files including video thus avoiding
> internet bandwidth limits
>
> 3. Access to large non-commercial video repository (amateurlogic, BSOD,
> archive.org files etc)
>
> 4. Quality NASA Tv retransmission (via multicasting provided bandwidth
> is available)
>
> Just some ideas...
>
> cheers Peter

I've always thought ideas like distributed squid proxy - programs that
are distributed and can take advantage of multiple users activity
being pooled - were a strong candidate for MW

Now days I'd think that extending every users torrents - well the ones
they want to admit having :-) - would be a useful thing...

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen