[MLB-WIRELESS] Melbourne Wireless content

Robert Hart robert at air-stream.org
Tue Oct 2 23:19:51 EST 2007

> I am not in any way critical of the management or members of Melbourne
> Wireless.  I think that what has been achieved is great and that the
> network is capable of doing great things.
Couldn't agree more, it always amazes me what a small group of people
can achieve with cooperation :-)

I just needs to be said that if memebers want content they need to get
actively involved, not just site on the side-line waiting for someone
else to do it.

Some things have are, but realy need to do more work, main issue is
people don't let others know about it when the put stuff up.
FTP,  a Webcam or two, video and radio steaming, one guy has his own
radio station, and we are looking at setting up multicasting soon.
Voip Asterix Server, works very well over wireless
Gaming - we have a sub-group called ASLAN good fund raiser as they run
Lan parties
Internet pooling
IRC -  wireless only because of interlopers
Most other services are multihomed eg sit on the boarder between
internet and wireless eg Jabber, mail and our website
One of the amateur radio groups has a backet radio server on the network
another use it for uploading their club broadcast to their repeater
where we share a mast.

Robert