[MLB-WIRELESS] Melbourne Wireless content

Robert Hart robert at air-stream.org
Tue Oct 2 22:21:58 EST 2007

> Hi all
>
> I have a few questions about the Melbourne Wireless network and would be
> grateful for some help. I can now access the network but have only been
> able to access a few nodes thus far.

I'm not a member of MW but I feel it is important to recognise that
Community Wireless Networks (CWN) are horizontally layered, not for
profit entity, not a "fee for service".  This basically means a members
are not only responsible for building the network but also providing the
content over it.   The committee of MW are only just member like any
other who volunteer their time to coordinate activities of members and
any available funds.  But there is allot members can do to get things
happening if they are not already available, as an incorporated
association is the most democratic entities a group of people can ever
form in Australia, so get involved and attend meetings if you want to
see more happen.

If members of CWNs want to see more content, good cooperation between
Members will only make it happen, as the network is as good or bad as
its members.   Ideas are wonderful thing and there are limitless
possibilities for Community Wireless Networks,  but at the end of the
day someone needs to put the time and resources to set it up; others who
can document and let everyone know and others who support and encourage
them to do it.

Robert