[MLB-WIRELESS] Possible use for the network

gkwinder at tpg.com.au gkwinder at tpg.com.au
Tue Oct 2 20:49:42 EST 2007

Quoting Ryan Abbenhuys <sneeze at alphalink.com.au>:

> A few years back I ran a reasonably popular PHPnuke site at AAF when
> I was
> connected into the group around Knox.  It was also accessable via the
>
> Internet to certain others.  We had a forum, news posts about
> anything and
> everything, details of a few game servers I was hosting including
> Unreal
> Tournament, Battlefield, and Tetrinet. Also an IRC server that I was
> working
> on linking to an IRC server on the melbournewireless.org.au server so
> that
> we could have people conversing between the wireless network and the
>
> internet seamlessly.
>
> There's a few ideas for you.

Sneeze, you had the perfect example of the content that MW needed.

And you were a key node in the area and I used your site all the time. I played the odd game on it and
posted on the forums. When your site went down, my interest in MW went with it and I suspect a lot of
people in knox suffered as a result.

I still owe you for all your help of the years.

Regards,
g at z.