[MLB-WIRELESS] Possible use for the network

Gary Winder gkwinder at tpg.com.au
Tue Oct 2 20:06:23 EST 2007

mate, I think you've raised the question that has been plaguing MW for
years. What the hell to do with it once you've got it. The answer is
content. We need stuff on it to attract people to it. Of which there really
is none. Well, nothing that you can't get from the net anyway.

 We also need a search function of whatever content there is, and there is
none that I know of. Getting the government involved would be great if they
could offer a free link into all .vic.gov.au sites for example. Or major
file mirrors. It really needs something to revive it. But I gave up on MW
some time ago as there was no real content.

 However I still wait in hope and still hang around on the mailing list
waiting for something great to happen to make me want to get involved again.
Like being a key node in a link or something, but that needs a grand plan
and direction as well as directives from the committee.

 To me, the only current attraction would be a VPN link to a mates place,
yet non of my mates are either close enough or nerdy enough to have a MW
link.

;)

Regards,
g at z.