[MLB-WIRELESS] Melbourne Wireless Node JNN Upgrade

Shaun Lee Clarke shaun.clarke at vssec.vic.edu.au
Wed Nov 7 11:34:50 EST 2007

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to do some major upgrades to my wireless node JNN,
http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/maps/view?id=jnn, which will involve
pulling down the mast again. One major change I will be making is trying to
locate the radio's in the garage and run LMR400 to the antenna's after
having several mast-mounted radio's die.

If there is anyone nearby that either has the capability to connect, or is
interested in establishing a connection, contact me and let me know (so I
can stick the correct antenna up there and hopefully avoid pulling the mast
down twice). There is an active AP up there broadcasting, but I do not know
how well it is working.

I also have some spare hardware available (AP's, antenna's etc.) which can
be used for establishing a link.

Most of the node information is on my webpage here,
http://www.crypticalpha.net/wirelessnodejnn.php. The page has not been
updated in a while, but most of the information is still current.

Regards,

vsseclogo

Shaun Lee Clarke

Mobile: 0433 559 020

Victorian Space Science Education Centre (At Strathmore Secondary College)

IT/AV Support

Email: shaun.clarke at vssec.vic.edu.au

Web: http://www.vssec.vic.edu.au <http://www.vssec.vic.edu.au/>

Phone: (03) 9379-3456

Fax: (03) 9374-3855

Address: at Strathmore Secondary College, 400 Pascoe Vale Road, Strathmore,
VIC, 3041, Australia

Strathmore Secondary College

IT Support

Email: clarke.shaun.l at edumail.vic.gov.au

Web: http://www.strathmore.vic.edu.au <http://www.strathmore.vic.edu.au/>

Phone: (03) 9379-7999

Fax: (03) 9379-2812

Address: 400 Pascoe Vale Road, Strathmore, VIC, 3041, Australia