[MLB-WIRELESS] Meraki stuff yet again :)

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 21:19:11 EST 2007

Okey dokey - I'm pleased to announce that my Expect script is now redundant.
Sven-Ola Tuecke of Berlin Freifunk has modified the Fonera EasyFlash utility
to support the Meraki.

Get it here:
http://download.olsrexperiment.de/sven-ola/area51/

Under Windows you need to install WinPcap:
http://www.winpcap.org/

It's cool because it has an internal TFTP server and with WinPcap it
configures the selected network interface transparently.  It's also a much
smaller download, and a nice shiny GUI.

To use it, plug in your Meraki to your PC's Ethernet jack.  Run the
EasyFlash util, select the correct Ethernet interface, select your rootfs
file (*root.squashfs or *root.jffs2-64k), and your Kernel file
(*vmlinux.gz).  Click on "Go" and plug in the power to your Meraki.  Then
just sit back and wait for about 8 minutes while the files are flashed.

Cheers,

Dan