[MLB-WIRELESS] Surplus - still

Mark Aitken nodegxt at yahoo.com.au
Fri May 18 11:25:43 EST 2007

Hi People,

Some time ago I offered as surplus to my needs a Compaq Proliant 4500
Server.

I have now re-organised my PC's at home and still have not only 1
Proliant but now 2
that are surplus to my needs.  As before,  I am after funds to start
another project, namely
the purchase of a Short Wave Receiver so as I can start to play around
with the ever
increasing usage of Digital broadcasts, DRM, by broadcasters.

Ok.....on offer is...

Computer #1
1 x Compaq Proliant 4500 Server with
512MB RAM
VGA
Serial
Parallel
Network Card
1 x 9.1G HDD
2 x 18G HDD
1 x 36G HDD

Computer #2
1 x Compaq Proliant 4500 Server with
1GB RAM
VGA
Serial
Parallel
Network Card
Smart 2/E Raid Controller
2 x 9.1G HDD
2 x 18G HDD

Misc
1 x Compaq External Raid Array with 7 x 9.1G HDD in Raid5 Configuration
Various HDD's and Hot swap Carriers (mainly 2.1 & 4.3 G HDD's)
Monitor
Some spare RAM and RAM expansion PCB
Mouse
Keyboard
2 x Adaptec SCSI RAID Controler
Compaq Installation Disks/OS's/etc

Both are fully working and both are running Windows 2000 Server.

 I am lead to believe that Linux on these Servers is possible but the
use of a 3rd party SCSI controller
is required as there is no driver for the embedded scsi compaq
controller.  This is the link that I found
on Linux and the 4500

http://www.cpqlinux.com/pl4500.html

Anyway,  I am not looking for a fortune for the whole lot, and it is a
"whole lot".  Around $400 neg.

I wont separate.  Must be picked up from SE Suburbs of Melb.

So,  if you are interested dont hesitate to contact me and we can chat
about it.

Regards

Mark

NodeGXT/VK3JMA