[MLB-WIRELESS] finally a triumph on the northern front !

Peter Buncle peter at nmc.net.au
Wed May 2 10:22:27 EST 2007

Hi Rohan

Yes you put 10.10.1.84 on your linux box wlan interface.

The canopy's act as bridges , so as long as you have good connection of
which 800 and jitter at 1-2
sounds good, they'll just pass over the ip traffic to the hvc router,
which is a separate box.

So on your end , one eth goes into the canopy with 10.10.1.84 netmask
255.255.255.240

and another eth into your network.

Upto you on the security stakes internally.

as for ospf refer to

http://www.melbourne.wireless.org.au/wiki/?GenericOSPFConfig

you'll need to install quagga on your linux box and quagga-ospf

but here's hvc's files for your reference (the hvc is a mitsubishi r100
ap running openwrt)

root at OpenWrt:~# more /etc/quagga/ospfd.conf

!
! Zebra configuration saved from vty
!   2003/11/16 17:16:28
!
hostname nodeHVC-ospfd
password set-your-paswword
enable password set-your-paswword
! log file /var/log/quagga/ospfd.log
! log stdout
!
!
!
! interface eth0
! ip ospf cost 30
!
interface ath0
!
interface eth0
!
interface eth1
!
!route-map TAGGED-REDIST permit 20
! match any
router ospf
 ospf router-id 10.10.1.177
    redistribute static
    network 10.10.1.176/28 area 0.0.0.0
    network 10.10.1.96/28 area 0.0.0.0
    network 10.10.1.80/28 area 0.0.0.0
                                              !

line vty

and the zerba.conf

root at OpenWrt:~# more /etc/quagga/zebra.conf
!
! Zebra configuration saved from vty
!   2003/11/16 17:15:47
!
hostname nodeHVC
password set-your-password
enable password set-your-password
! log file /var/log/quagga/zebra.log
! log syslog
!
interface ath0
  ip address 10.10.1.177/28
!
interface eth0
 ip address 10.10.1.81/28
           !
interface eth1
 ip address 10.10.1.97/28
!
! ip address 10.10.131.90/28
!
! ip route 10.10.48.192/27 203.111.137.7
!
! ip route 10.10.130.8/29 10.10.130.225
! line vty

Cheers