[MLB-WIRELESS] finally a triumph on the northern front !

Rohan Malhotra rohanmalhotra86 at gmail.com
Wed May 2 09:57:58 EST 2007

thx peter, tim

ok i think i get it.

so in my circumstances given that im going to use an old linux pc as a
router, i should plug the canopy into the linux box assign myself an ip (say
10.10.1.84) with a netmask (is this the same thing as a subnet?) of
255.255.255.240 and i should get a connection?

what happens when i connect? i imagine i'll be able to ping 10.10.1.81 (tims
canopy router) to see if its working. will i be able to access other nodes
just by typing the ips on the melbwireless site  in smb ? is there some kind
of script for when you connect that will direct me to an internal version of
the melbwireless site?

how do i configure ospf? how would i get that on a linux box? is there some
router software that comes with it i could use?

rssi needs to be above 700 and the jitter below 15, is this correct? (i was
getting rssi easily above 800 and jitter at 1-2).

 thx