[MLB-WIRELESS] WL-500GP / USB-Wifi (was: Meraki Mini) My 2c

Rockwallaby Deluxe Model rockofclay at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 01:22:48 EST 2007

Yeah that's along the lines of what I want to do. I now have a wl-500GP, so as soon as I get some spare time, I'll have a bit of a fiddle. The USB idea is great, and I've seen some people do this and this for external antennas. I didn't realise there was such woe-full USB support in Linux though. This will be my first venture into the world of wireless, so we'll see how far this develops.

I was thinking of using the wl500gp as a long link and using 1 or more USB  dongles as shorter distance/broader angle connections.

Message: 1