[MLB-WIRELESS] WiMAX to go Australia wide?

Tim Hogard thogard at knotty.abnormal.com
Tue Jun 19 12:01:25 EST 2007

> One thing that it seems that allot have people have missed .
> The government are claiming that everyone will get broadband with wimax.
> Issue, its running at 5.8 ghz
> So I hope that no one has any tress in there gardens.
> They are also claiming 20 plus km from the base station , I am also looking
> forward to see how often there going to do that.
> In short something tells me that is not the fix they may think it maybe, I
> guess we will soon see.

Does anyone have any authoritative links on what they are going to do?

Nothing like my tax money going to help an overseas company compete with me...

Of course if they picked 5.8 GHz wimax, good luck with that.

For those that don't know.... HVC has 4 5.8 GHz pre-WiMAX transmitters
at max legal power and the best we are getting is about 7km.

-tim
http://web.abnormal.com