[MLB-WIRELESS] East Timor

Andrew Leech a_leech at swin.edu.au
Sun Jun 3 17:31:19 EST 2007

If you want a less technical solution macs have built in internet
sharing, which I've got set up at my parents place to share their dialup
between a couple of computers (they're out bush where dialup is the only
choice cost-wise). It doesn't have the qos stuff built in, but it does
give you a quick and simple all-gui interface to get it up and running.
As soon as the internet sharing is switched on the mac also starts up a
dhcp server so all the client addresses are auto-config'ed. It'll quite
happily do auto-redial and stuff if the connection drops out.
I'd grab an old mac off ebay with modem built in, as long as it's new
enough to run osx it'd be fine. I would have said grab a new mac mini
but they don't have built in modems. Any old wireless router plugged
into the ethernet will send the internet wifi.

just an quick option if you don't know *nix too well,
Andrew