[MLB-WIRELESS] What goes up, must come down.

Tyson Clugg tclugg at umd.com.au
Wed Jul 4 14:24:39 EST 2007

Howdy all,

The server is back up and running.  Mapping software was custom built
for our requirements but has not been restored yet due to software
dependency issues, so the "maps" section of the website is unavailable
until further notice.

Any other server related issues should be raised with the coders team,
send an email to coders at melbournewireless.org.au and we'll have a look.

Regards,
Tyson Clugg.

Melbourne Wireless coders team.

On Tue, 2007-07-03 at 11:39 +1000, Steven Haigh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a quick update. Tyson will be picking up 2 x HDDs today and the
> server will be powered off and removed from the colo tonight at 7pm.
>
> Myself and Tyson will be working on rebuilding the server on new HDDs
> and getting everything restored from backups to be mostly operational
> tonight.
>
> The server will be re-installed into the colo tomorrow night at around 7-8pm.
>
> All site functions (including web, mail etc) will be unavailable
> between 7pm tonight and around 8pm tomorrow.
>
> Quoting Steven Haigh <netwiz at crc.id.au>:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Well, it was too good to be true. It looks like we are having IO
> > errors on the HDD array which is causing the drives to go into read
> > only mode and are otherwise hosed.
> >
> > I'll be pulling the server out of the colo tomorrow night after work
> > and rehashing it onto new drives.
> >
> > Is anybody able to duck into somewhere like MSY and pick up 2 x 80 or
> > 2 x 160Gb drives for this box? The prices for MSY were $57 for the 80s
> > and $69 for the 160s. Otherwise I won't be able to get 2 HDDs for it
> > until the weekend.
> >
> > --
> > Steven Haigh
> >
> > Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
> > Web: http://www.crc.id.au
> > Phone: (03) 9017 0597 - 0404 087 474

Regards

Tyson Clugg
Programmer
Unique Micro Design Pty Ltd.........engineering ICT solutions
Wellington Road Business Park
200 Wellington Road
Clayton, VIC 3168, Australia

PO Box 4297, Mulgrave, VIC 3170, Australia

+61-3-9582-7195   tclugg at umd.com.au   DIRECT

+61-3-9582-7070   Sales at umd.com.au
+61-3-9582-7060   Service at umd.com.au
+61-3-9582-7050   Support at umd.com.au
+61-3-9582-7010   Accounts at umd.com.au
+61-3-9582-7000   Reception at umd.com.au

+61-3-9582-7001   Fax - Sales and office
+61-3-9582-7069   Fax - Service
www.umd.com.au            UMD Web Address
www.umd.com.au/rfid/        UMD and RFID
www.umd.com.au/gprs        UMD and GPRS