[MLB-WIRELESS] OT: SIP handsets

Bryan Pliatsios bryanp at netspace.net.au
Mon Jan 8 04:04:26 EST 2007

Slightly off topic, but an area I know some of you have experience.

  I'll be slowly buying as many as 10 handsets over the next 6 months
for a multi-site internal system - a glorified intercom between
offices and factories in different suburbs. With no initial plan to
replace the landlines with a VOIP provider and being that some sites
are temporary, basic phones will do. If there are any glaring
shortcomings of particular phones at the bottom end of the market I'd
like to hear them, especially if those features are available in
another phone just $10-20 more expensive.

Power over Ethernet would be a major selling point, but I don't know
if that's even available anywhere under $200.

  I'd appreciate you recommendations for phones, suppliers and even
forums/websites. Usually I stumble across good objective reference
sites, but I'm having trouble sifting the quality information from
the advertising hype in this situation.

  Thanks,
   Bryan