[MLB-WIRELESS] Wrap 1-2 boards + cases.

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Sun Feb 18 21:21:41 EST 2007

Hi all,

I'm looking at making up a router to replace my existing Cisco 2611
and wondering if anyone has used the WRAP 1E-2 boards?

If so, does anyone have any info on what kind of throughput these
units get between the 3 interfaces? Are they 10 or 100Mbit interfaces?

I was thinking of making something with our good friend the WRT (using
OpenWRT of course), however they can only handle about 30-35Mbit of
traffic when splitting the bridge into VLANs...

I was going to use my 533Mhz Mini-ITX - however the CPU seems to be
getting really hot these days and crashing the system - enough though
it's not designed to use a fan on the CPU. I'm tipping it may have
developed a fault over the last few years as it's sat in my cupboard
doing nothing...

Does anyone have any other suggestions on hardware I may have overlooked?

I'm trying to use something much quieter, less power hungry and
smaller than a standard PC... There's enough fan noise coming out of
my rack as it is :\

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au