[MLB-WIRELESS] Running Enterasys Roamabout as an AP under XP

Tom Fifield tfifield at melbournewireless.org.au
Thu Dec 20 17:28:03 EST 2007

Hi All,

I'd run a PCMCIA Enterasys Roamabout (aka Lucent/Orinoco/Agere/Proxim
Silver) as an AP under windows 98, but I've only just relocated the
necessary files to do the same under XP and figured someone else might
be interested.

My card is firmware version [Variant 2] 7.82, this may or may not work
with other firmware versions and unfortunately I can't located the
firmware updates to get it to this version.

Two files, three steps:

http://www.melbournewireless.org.au/~tfifield/agere/agere_driver_v7.82_&_firmware_update_package.exe
(817k)
1. Grab this, extract and install the driver using the "have disk" method.

http://www.melbournewireless.org.au/~tfifield/agere/agere_wifi_client_manager_v3.30.exe
(5.1Mb)
2. Install as per normal

3. Create a new profile and chose the mode as "Act as an access point".

Hope that's useful to someone.

Regards,

Tom