[MLB-WIRELESS] A question on associating?

Julien Goodwin mw at studio442.com.au
Wed Aug 8 18:24:01 EST 2007

On Wed, Aug 08, 2007 at 05:49:49PM +1000, Mark Aitken arranged a set of bits into the following:
> Jason Hecker wrote:
> >   Dunno if an AP that does b/g/a
> > can talk a and b/g simultaneously.
> >

> I can answer that one for you Jason.  I am currently installing Cisco
> AIR-LAP1242AG Access points. These are a 2.4GHz b/g and a 5.8GHz a mode
> Access point in one.  You can configure these to work simultaneously.
> But I reckon that electronically,  they are in fact 3 devices in one.....
>
> 1.... a 802.11b/g access point
> 2.... a 802.11a Access point
> &
> 3.....a 3 port network switch

I have an 1130AG here, lovely AP. They really are just like a mini-PC
with three NICs, two wireless (A and G) and one wired). They can talk on
both at once, and if you configure them appropriately it will bridge all
three.

Expensive little unit, but I wouldn't trade mine for anything else out
there.

Thanks,
Julien