[MLB-WIRELESS] A question on associating?

Jason Hecker jhecker at wireless.org.au
Wed Aug 8 16:19:24 EST 2007

> 1Mbps, it's going to hog more air time, because it takes MUCH longer
> to send data to it, and the AP can only service one node at a time

Well that's true too.  So nice as it is for an access point to support b/g
together, the g devices' throughput falls due to the looooog b packets.  I
am using a mixed b/g network at home, but as it's all trying to access a
1.5Mbit ADSL connection I am not suffering any speed problems due to the b
device.