[MLB-WIRELESS] alternative to meraki-mini

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 27 13:08:27 EST 2007

Hi Rohan,

Yeah, the Fon routers look good - especially since they are cheaper (US$40
vs Meraki's US$50).  But they have the following problems:

I don't think there is a weatherproof version.  Where did you hear that they
were weatherproof?

They don't support Power-Over-Ethernet at all.

They don't ship to Australia yet.

You need to register as a FON member to buy the unit.

I think for the extra US$10 I'd rather get a Meraki with PoE support.

Cheers,

Dan