[MLB-WIRELESS] General Meetings
conhoolio at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 18 14:14:50 EST 2007
I want to kick off a discussion about our General Meetings. I think we've
had some good meetings lately - I'm wondering if people can suggest what
we're doing right and what needs improvement?
Any comments are welcome, in particular about:
* Is the discussion content interesting? I've been doing some "beginner"
talks lately - are the more experienced members happy with this or would you
like to see more advanced stuff in the mix?
* Is the format and naming of the "meeting" appropriate? It has been billed
as a "General Meeting", but I feel that the regular monthly meetings aren't
really formal Meetings as such but are more social and informational
gatherings. We obviously don't need to have official meetings every month
- we just don't have official business to take care of every month. And the
word "meeting" to new people may evoke images of official minuted meetings
that don't really represent what our monthly meetings are really about.
* How should we announce the meetings? We are going to start sending out an
automatic monthly reminder email to all registered site users (that haven't
opted out), to give notice of meetings. Should we send this email a month,
a week, a day before? Currently we've been averaging a mailing-list-only
announcement a week before, and a mass email on the morning of the meeting.
* Anything else we should be or not be doing at our meetings/events?
The next meeting / info night is on Friday 11th May, 7pm, Hawthorn Scout
Check out http://melbournewireless.org.au/wiki/?Meeting20070511 for more
More information about the Melbwireless