[MLB-WIRELESS] Public internet access

Zik Saleeba zik at zikzak.net
Fri Sep 22 16:36:16 EST 2006

My understanding of the regs is that the carrier license applies to
the entire company, not each node. The capital equipment already
exists in the Melb Wireless network and could be moved on to the
company books in some clever way. There would be no staffing since the
service would initially only be provided to members by members. Total
startup costs come to around $1000 for the company setup plus $2200
for the carrier license application plus "under $1000" for the first
yearly fee.

So around $4000 between 30 people rather than quarter of a million. If
you want to shoot for the sky that's cool by me but personally I can
only afford the cheapass option.

Cheers,
Zik