[MLB-WIRELESS] Public internet access

Peter Long peterlong at rocketmail.com
Thu Sep 21 12:29:28 EST 2006

I have mentioned this a number of years ago, but why
can't we become members of APANA.  According to their
website

WHAT IS APANA®?
The Australian Public Access Network Association Inc.
(APANA®) is a not-for-profit on-line computer
networking organisation incorporated in the State of
Victoria.

APANA operates its own Intranet through which members
can gain open access to the Internet at bulk rates if
they wish, using local isps in their regions.  A
region can exist in any part of any State or Territory
of the Commonwealth of Australia, when sufficient
APANA members reside there.

They seem to get around the problem of being an ISP so
why can't we?

See ya.....

Peter Long