[MLB-WIRELESS] SSID "802!_Free_Internet" in Craigieburn/Roxburgh Park area

Rowan 2006 rowan2006 at sensation.net.au
Fri Sep 8 08:36:47 EST 2006

On Fri, 8 Sep 2006, Hugh Campbell wrote:

> I can see the same SSID indoors with my Mactel lappy in Brunswick.
> So I googled and got this
>
> http://802.com.au/
>
> Mystery solved... ;-)

Yeah, I just came across the same thing. I had actually mentioned that
site on this list several months ago. :) Interesting to see that they're
no longer charging - at that stage you could buy "full broadband" access
for $8.02 a month.

Now it seems the only option is free access, but you need to install a
toolbar that shows you an ad every half hour.

I wonder if they have a carrier licence, they could be playing with fire
by doing clearly commercial things via wifi...

http://802.com.au/index.html?cat=0008Y4

Cheers.