[MLB-WIRELESS] Transcom VTS3000X COM2 connector

Rowan 2006 rowan2006 at sensation.net.au
Sun Nov 26 01:28:24 EST 2006

Thanks to a lead on usenet I think I've found a suitable plug for COM2:

http://www.molex.com/catalog/pdf/mx43025.pdf
http://docs-asia.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/00bd/0900766b800bd84d.pdf

Molex part number 43025-0600 - 6 way.

Does anyone have easy access to a distributor which can supply these? RS
components shows them for $1.49ex with a minimum order of 5. I don't know
whether you need to open a trade account with them or if the general
public can do one-off orders.

If no one has any existing arrangements then I'll chase up RS components.
I don't mind ordering some extra if others would like a connector.

An alternative is to solder another connector type onto a short cable,
which should be relatively easy as it's a through-hole mount with easily
accessable pads on the bottom of the PCB. There's a small notch in the
COM2 cutout which isn't covered by the Molex connector so there is room to
feed cable through.

Cheers.