[MLB-WIRELESS] GPS and GSM transciever

Rowan 2006 rowan2006 at sensation.net.au
Fri Nov 24 16:22:14 EST 2006

I have my unit now. Mine has no software either. The user guide contains
the URL http://www.transcom.com.au/downloads/vts3000x but that's 404. :-\
It seems you need "MCGView" (is that an apartment in Richmond?) or "Mobile
Programmer" to configure the unit... or information on the protocol used.
If we're *really* lucky then the console connector may have a text based
interface.

Unfortunately I got the front handset and rear COM2 connector muddled when
I looked at the brochure... I assumed it was an RJ45 jack but it's a
connector I've never seen before. Any ideas how to get a plug for it?

Interesting that the extra GPS unit was included, as it doesn't appear to
be intended for connection to the VTS3000X. I was actually going to order
one of those as well, so it's lucky I waited. :)

Emailing Transcom now... I'm half expecting them to have gone out of
business as their online shop has been deleted and the VTS3000X is selling
at such a low price...

Cheers.